Newport Beach City is a popular tourist destination and is viewed as one of the best places in America to spend holidays. The city has a lot to offer in terms of places where revelers can hang out and have fun, especially when it comes to nightlife.
Since Newport Beach is home to people from all over the world and all walks of life, it is a city that has a blend of cultures from North to South, East to West. And the same applies to food. As a result, the cuisine in Newport is as diverse as the people who live in it. So, if you’re looking for classy seafood restaurants in the city, finding one shouldn’t be that hard. Nevertheless, there are several things that you need to keep in mind when searching for a restaurant to ensure you choose one that suits your needs.
If you are currently searching for a Newport Beach-based seafood restaurant, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind to ensure you choose the best eatery, and they include:
– How close the source of the food is to the eatery
– How close the place is from where you are staying
– The freshness of the food
– Variety of food being offered
Before heading out to any seafood restaurant in the city, take time to check out the menus some of the restaurants you are considering have put up on their websites to see which establishments offer the best variety. If you are like most people, you love a place that serves a variety of seafood since you know that your cravings will be satisfied, and you will get a chance to taste some local seafood cuisine. As such, you don’t want to drive to a restaurant only to find out that it only serves lobster.
Visit Local Establishments
It’s a known fact that local eateries serve the freshest food, and the same applies to seafood restaurants. While branded food chains do serve fresh food, local eateries often go the extra mile to ensure they find the freshest catches and serve them in the food they offer. If you are looking to enjoy the quality and fresh food, then your best bet is with a local eatery.
Choosing the Healthiest Options When Ordering
While very tasty, seafood can pose a serious threat to health, especially when establishments fail to adhere to food standards. Nevertheless, having seafood doesn’t mean abandoning healthy eating habits. It’s still possible to enjoy a delicious seafood dish without breaching your health standards. By following some simple tips, you should be able to enjoy some seafood at your favorite eatery without feeling guilty. Consider the following:
– Order seafood that’s roasted, grilled, baked, or poached. If available, try gluten-free options.
– Go for lighter sauces when having seafood. Cream-based sauces tend to pack lots of calories with saturated fats and sodium.
– Add a plate of vegetables or salads with your seafood to ensure you eat a healthier and complete meal. Customize your order to meet your needs – fortunately, most restaurants offer this as part of customer service.
– If possible, request to have your sauce(s) served on the side instead of in your food. By doing so, you make it easier for you to control the number of calories you consume.
By following these simple yet effective rules, you should have an easier time enjoying seafood cuisine in a healthy and tasty manner without having to worry about gaining weight or any of the serious health threats some seafood poses.