Most Indian students have a dream to pursue their higher education abroad. Not only a degree from a top foreign university is appreciated more in the Indian market, but universities abroad also offer quality education with far better facilities. In fact, the approach they follow is mainly focused on research, something that most Indian universities lack.
If you too are planning to seek higher education abroad, here’s a list of top five countries that most Indian students opt.
Over 14 percent of all the international students studying in Canada comprise Indians. In fact, the Canadian government recently imposed certain policies that work in favour of Indian students. These policies include permanent residency to high-skilled students that graduate from top Canadian universities.
The reason why you should opt for Canada for your higher education include –
- English speaking nation: The two official languages of Canada are English and French. However, most people there communicate in English, giving international students a fair advantage. This way, there is a minimum to no language barriers as you can easily communicate with people from across the country.
- Quality lifestyle: Canada happens to be one of the safest countries in the world. Having said this, rest assured that the neighbourhood you decide to live in is secure. Moreover, the country also stands second in terms of global social and economic progression and development.
Some of the top study options in Canada include –
- Business Masters
- Environmental Masters
- Social Science Masters
Some of the top Canadian universities include –
- York University
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Toronto
- University of Regina
- Brock University
The reason why you should opt to study in Germany is as follows –
- Education cost: Studying in public German universities offer free-tuition to international students, especially for most English-taught degrees. This is one of the primary reasons why most Indian students opt to seek higher education in Germany.
- Scholarships: Many people in Germany offer scholarships to international students to encourage their intelligence. In fact, DAAD has a program entirely dedicated to Indian students
- More focus on research: For those planning to seek a higher degree in engineering, technology, or science will benefit the most when studying in Germany. Here, the main focus is on advanced research with a quality education that has an extended partnership with local and international research institutions.
Some of the top study options in Germany are as follows –
- Electrical Engineering Masters
- Computer Science Masters
- International Business Masters
Some of the top German universities are as follows –
- Justus Liebig University Giessen
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- University of Bonn
- University of Mannheim
One of the main reasons why most Indian students are opting for Australia is that the visa application process has become lenient, especially the financial requirement section. Other reasons why students choose Australia are as follows –
- Safe country: Australia has a low crime rate, which thus makes it a safe and secure destination to seek higher education amongst students.
- Great work opportunities: International students in Australia have the liberty to work for up to 20 hours a week and even after their education is done. In fact, the Australian government has established a Professional Year Program for international students graduating in accounting, information technology, and engineering programs, which allows them to work in local organizations.
Some of the top study options in Australia are as follows –
- Information Technology Masters
- Environment Masters
- Business Masters
- United States of America
The reasons why most students opt to study in the USA are as follows –
- Top-quality education: The USA is said to have some of the top universities in the world. It exposes the students to a proportionate level of academics with research and extracurricular activities. These facilities thus attract a lot of international students to the United States.
- Worldwide degree recognition: Having completed a degree from the United States is enough to be appreciated in the Indian job market. The higher education provided in the country is said to develop high-skilled individuals which companies can see as a potential candidate.
Some of the top study options in America are as follows –
- Information Science Masters
- Aerospace Engineering Masters
- MBA Degrees
Some of the top American universities are as follows –
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Washington State University
- Northeastern University
- Michigan State University
The reasons why you should opt to study in Italy are as follows –
- Low education costs: Italy happens to be one of the most accessible and affordable higher education destinations for Indian students. It is mainly due to the low tuition fee structure that it offers along with a low cost of living.
- Fantastic culture and delicious food: Italian cuisine is tempting, and you will get to taste some amazing pizzas and pasta dishes there. And while you are there, make it a point to taste Italian coffee and gelato. The people in Italy are helpful and friendly, and you will experience a unique culture along with a good standard of living.
Some of the top study options in Italy are as follows –
- Fashion Design Masters
- Architecture Masters
- Visual Arts Masters
Some of the top universities in Italy are as follows –
- University of Verona
- University of Pisa
- Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
We know that studying abroad is your dream, but it is not a cakewalk. It requires dedication and hard work. Consider your education program and make sure that all your documentation is sorted. This also includes your travel insurance paperwork. Now, several universities don’t approve the application of incoming students if they don’t declare their insurance information beforehand. This is to make sure that the student will have medical and financial coverage during his/her stay on campus.
Many insurance providers offer student travel insurance at an affordable price to students seeking higher education in a foreign country. It covers them for numerous things, including dental and medical emergencies when abroad. Assets like your laptop and your passport are also covered in most plans. Make sure that you are reading the policy coverage and exclusions carefully before buying a plan.