For many people, especially those of us who live in the Asia Pacific region, the Caribbean can seem like another world, but it’s a world that’s definitely worth seeing. This fabulous region which brought us the likes of Bob Marley, Viv Richards and Usain Bolt to name just a few has a very distinct culture. This will be evident even when you’re at sea. Some of the islands you see as you cruise by are homes to the super wealthy and super famous and one look at the azure sea and pristine beaches will tell you exactly why.
The good news is that you don’t have to be super wealthy or a Hollywood A lister to enjoy the Caribbean, Carnival Cruises operate throughout the region and you can find some great packages of decent cruise deals websites. Although the Caribbean is exquisite to look at from onboard the ship, nothing really compares with a run ashore and meeting the friendly locals.
The Caribbean – Tropical Places and Friendly Faces
Your Caribbean cruise will include a few excursions to the various islands in the region and each and every one has their own very distinct character, cuisine and most notably rum! Please see below for a just a small snapshot of the places you can visit on your run ashore from your Caribbean cruise ship.
- Nassau, Bahamas – Nassau is the capital of the Bahamas and a popular cruise ship stop. Known for its British colonial architecture, hilly landscape and spectacular snorkeling opportunities, this city has firmly earned its place as a major Caribbean attraction.
- Grand Cayman Islands – As a British overseas territory, the Cayman Islands have a somewhat British atmosphere about them. The islands are blessed with beautiful beaches and crystal-clear seas and you can also get a decent cup of tea here as well!
- Cozumel, Mexico – Cozumel is an island that lies of just off the Yucatan Peninsula in southeastern Mexico and boasts great beaches, friendly people and ample souvenir shopping opportunities. This port of call is favourite of cruise ship passengers and crew as well due to its safe streets and relaxed atmosphere.
- St Lucia – St Lucia is the quintessential Caribbean Island where the only thing brighter than the sunshine are the smiles from local people. With well-priced shopping and a landscape that really has the wow factor, this beautiful island is the same as it has ever been.
- Bridgetown, Barbados – Barbados has been a firm favourite for tourists ever since the destination was put on the map as a must visit place. Bridgetown itself is a bustling port city but it only takes a minute or two to get out of the hustle and bustle and experience some of the real local life that Barbados is rightly famous for.
If a Caribbean cruise has been on your bucket list and you have the time, don’t delay. There are some great deals available, particularly if you can wait until the last minute.